Welcome to HSM: The High School Ministry
High School is a time of constant transition! As your student moves into high school they are going to really start owning their identity and wanting more freedom. For parents, there has to be a constant tension between boundaries and trust. Your high schooler is going to beg for less walls, less rules, and to not be “treated like a baby.” There is a natural urge to give into everything because it’s easier than fighting that battle. We have some solutions for you, so stay strong!
Below you will find lots of different resources you may find useful, and some major milestones you may (or may not) encounter.
As always, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact the High School Ministry Office at 513-229-3207 or by email.
We look forward to helping you navigate this phase of your student's life!
There are some great books out there than can help you and your teen get through a certain phase or help prepare you for what's to come. Here are several that I would recommend:
- 5 Conversations You Must Have With Your Daughter/Son by Vicki Courtney
- Facing the Facts: The Truth About Sex and You (God's Design for Sex) by Stan Jones and Brenna Jones
- What's the Big Deal? (Why God Cares About Sex) by Stan Jones and Brenna Jones
- Sex & the New You (for various different age groups) by Richard Bilmer
- Parenting by the Book by John Rosemond
- Parenting Beyond Your Capacity by Reggie Joiner
- Boundaries with Teens by John Townsend
- And Then I Had Teenagers: Encouragement for Parents of Teens and Preteens by Susan Alexander Yates
- Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters: 10 Secrets Every Father Should Know by Meg Meeker
- Shepherding a Child's Heart by Ted Tripp
- Raising Great Kids by Henry Cloud and John Townsend
Ohio Department of Transportation driving contract
Intentional Parenting by Doug Fields https://homeword.com/intentional-parenting-landing-page/
Here are three apps that we recommend:
- Net Nanny